The Story of Life - Episode 3: Cells That Eat Each Other
How did natural selection begin? What was the origin of competition between cells? Explore the origin of life from chemistry to biology in this animated science video on abiogenesis. In this episode, we'll explore how natural selection evolves and how cell competition got started on the early earth.
• Watch the first two episodes: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_lGiT41-IM&list=PLCTNr4WPOQ97AfipzfW82_r3azBzNnfBi&index=1
Subscribe and follow these biochemists who helped with this series:
• The Living Dinosaur: https://www.youtube.com/user/TheLivin...
• Doc Savage: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCS8U...
• Follow Dr. Sy Garte on Twitter: @sygarte
• Subscribe to Aron Ra (Director of the Phylogeny Explorer Project): https://www.youtube.com/user/AronRa
3D animation credit: Janet Iwasa - Harvard University
Support my work: https://www.patreon.com/holykoolaid
Get Holy Koolaid Merchandise: https://shop.holykoolaid.com/
+ Check out my new podcast: https://goo.gl/oFUiie
+ Twitter: @holykoolaid
+ Please Subscribe to my channel: https://goo.gl/ie3EZh
Science is greater than Dogma!
• Chen IA, Roberts RW, Szostak JW - The emergence of competition between model protocells: https://labs.chem.ucsb.edu/che....n/irene/Chen_lab_at_
• Itay Budin, Szostak JW - Physical effects underlying the transition from primitive to modern cell membranes: http://www.pnas.org/content/108/13/5249/
• Ting Zhu, Szostak JW - Coupled growth and division of model protocell membranes https://pubs.acs.org/doi/abs/10.1021/ja900919c
• Pier Luigi Luisi, Peter Walde & Thomas Oberholzer- Lipid vesicles as possible intermediates in the origin of life:
• Concentration Gradients Explained: https://www.khanacademy.org/sc....ience/high-school-bi
• Electrical Gradient Explained: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ba02v7eoVWQ
• Jack Szostak (Harvard/HHMI) Part 2 - Protocell Membranes: https://youtu.be/CJ5jh33OiOA
• Itay Budin - How do we study the origin of life in the lab?: https://youtu.be/sGzTLyaV29U